The Knights of Columbus is an international Order of Catholic men who are called to lead with faith, protect our families, serve others and defend values !
We are everyday people helping people every day. Whether it’s aiding the less fortunate, local volunteering, networking with others of shared values and beliefs, or participating in fun, family-inclusive events!
Receive messages directly to your smartphone using the MyParish App. The Parish app is provided by St William Parish for our council to use for free. Please click below to get the app today!
• Councils have distributed more than $1.5 billion and over 691 million volunteer hours to various charitable causes over the past decade.
• Provided more than 230,000 children with warm winter coats through our Coats for Kids program.
• Through our Ultrasound Initiative, helped place more than 600 ultrasound machines in pregnancy care centers which assist expectant mothers choose life for their babies.
• Distributed over $3.3 billion in dividends over the past decade to insurance members.
• Since 1981, councils have provided over $63 million in support to over 104,000 seminarians, postulants and novices through RSVP (Refund Support Vocations Program).
• Over the past six years, through the partnership with the Global Wheelchair Mission, have given the gift of mobility to nearly 50,000 people.
• Established the $1 million Knights of Columbus Heroes Fund to provide financial support to the families of emergency personnel killed or disabled during the 9/11 attacks.
• Our insurance company is one of the most highly rated in North America and has been recognized as one of the world's most ethical companies.
Knights fulfill their desire to spend meaningful time with their family, to serve their community and Church, and to grow in their faith.
Joining the Knights of Columbus provides these men and their families with opportunities to participate in community, council and church activities that accomplish goals to strengthen our families.
Whether you can help with our fundraising activities, volunteer your time, or recruit another Catholic gentleman, your talents are greatly needed by the Knights of Columbus.
From the moment of our founding in 1882, charity has been the first principle of the Knights of Columbus. We are Catholic men of faith and men of charitable action.
2017 was a record-setting year for Knights of Columbus charitable work with an unprecedented $185.6 million in donations and 75.6 million hours of service provided worldwide. The monetary value of K of C’s service hours is valued at $1.9 billion based on an estimate by Independent Sector, a network for nonprofit foundations that values a 2017 volunteer hour at $24.69.The K of C’s 2017 survey of charitable giving also showed that monetary donations increased $8 million from 2016 (+4.5 percent) and service hours grew by 527,550 (+0.7 percent). Year-over-year annual growth in both categories has been consistent over the past two decades.
Our charitable activities encompass an almost infinite variety of local, national and international projects. Our own unique charities include the Christian Refugee Relief Fund, Disaster Relief, Ultrasound Initiative, and Coats for Kids. We also partner with international charities including Special Olympics, the Global Wheelchair Mission and Habitat for Humanity.
Through our Building the Domestic Church initiative, Knights and their families have greater opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith, promote the New Evangelization, and strengthen our parishes.
"We are answering Pope Francis’ call to go to the peripheries,” Supreme Knight Carl Anderson said. “We can reach half way around the globe to help those in need and we can reach to our neighbor next door. And we do that every day. That makes us witnesses to the faith."
If you’d like to be a part of an international organization of nearly 2 million Catholic men whose principal work involves helping others in need, we'd like to meet you and invite you to join us.
Council meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at St William Parish, 5431 Mahoning Avenue, Warren, Ohio